I am a scientist and consultant in the fields of Big Data Analysis, Data Center Networks and Optical Communications.
I am currently at the Lightwave Research Laboratory (LRL) of Columbia University, New York, NY as a post-doctoral research scientist. I received my Ph.D. from McGill University, Montreal, Canada in Photonics. From 2012-13, I was a product manager at Optiwave Systems Inc. managing OptiSystem software, a simulation tool for optical communication systems.
I am passionate about Big Data, both hardware and software, from design and implementation of SDN data centers to relational and non-relational databases, Hadoop and NLP.
My research work at LRL focuses on design and implementation of Optical Interconnects for Data Centers and High Performance Computing systems. I also have extensive experience in optical communication systems and integrated optics.
- Data Center Networks: Design and implementation of state-of-the-art data centers
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN): Application of SDN in both data center and transport networks
- Relational and non-relational data bases: SQL, MongoDB, OrientDB
- Optical communications: Long-haul, metro and PON, Advanced modulation formats, Coherent systems, Fiber-based experiments
- Nonlinear Optics
- Silicon Photonics: Integrated optical signal processing, Experimental test and measurements
- Coding/Prototyping: Python, MATLAB, C++
- Natural Language Processing: Text classification, Information extraction
- Languages: English, Farsi, French